Chicken is used a lot when preparing Nigerian recipes, especially the Rice recipes and stew recipes. Chicken can also be eaten as a snack and washed down with a chilled drink.
- Chicken: Freshmart Chicken
- Onions: White, yellow or red onions.
- Thyme: This is very essential due to the aroma it adds to the chicken.
- Stock cubes: Maggi or Knorr
- Salt: Use salt sparingly when seasoning your chicken. Salt should be added when the chicken is done.
You should also grill your chicken after cooking it rather than deep-fry it. If you have an oven, please grill your chicken because it is healthier. Grilling also makes the chicken taste better.
- Cut up the whole chicken to desired pieces.
- Put the chicken pieces in a pot; add diced onions, thyme and stock cubes.
- Pour enough water to just cover the contents of the pot and start cooking.
- Since the chicken is soft, it requires less time to cook well. keep watch to avoid been too soft.
- When the chicken is done, add some salt, cover the pot and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes. Adding salt at the beginning will make your chicken cook in more time because salt toughens the chicken and some other food stuff.
- Transfer the chicken to a sieve to drain.
- Then place them on your oven rack, place the rack as close to the grill (the top heater in your oven) as possible.
- Switch your oven to \”Grill\”
- When the top side becomes brown, turn the pieces of chicken on the other side.
- The chicken is well-grilled when both sides are brown.